Automatic language translation

Our website uses a free online language translation service to automatically translate our content into a variety of community languages. Automatic translations are provided as a guide only. Automatic translations are quick and convenient, but may not be 100% accurate.

What to report

Our trained operators are here to receive your information. 

If you know something about any of these crimes happening in your community, we encourage you to speak up:  

  • Arson  
  • Assaults
  • Burglary
  • Business crimes
  • Cyber crimes
  • Domestic Violence
  • Drug manufacture or supply
  • Environmental crime
  • Fraud and forgery
  • Fugitives
  • Handling stolen goods
  • Human trafficking
  • Illegal tobacco
  • Immigration
  • Most wanted
  • Murder
  • Possession of weapons
  • Rape 
  • Robbery
  • Smuggling
  • Theft
  • Vehicle crime


We value our relationship with all members of the community however, we do not: 

  • take reports that require an immediate police response
  • provide legal advice
  • provide feedback to persons other than the original IP with their code number
  • accept calls from people who are abusive or intoxicated
  • take reports from members of the public for 'over-the-counter' matters normally dealt with at police stations, such as statutory declaration
  • take reports from victims or complainants (police to be contacted in such cases).


Other Australian reporting hot-lines:   


Complaints about an Australian government department or agency, including Courts and Magistrates:

Report it to that department or agency first. If you are dissatisfied with the response you receive from the involved agency you can then raise your concerns with the Commonwealth Ombudsmen.  

If your complaint is about an AFP employee, read about the AFP’s Professional Standards.


Complaints about your State of Territory police 

Contact your local police to find out who investigates complaints in your State of Territory. Each State or Territory has a different agency responsible for investigating police complaints and allegations of corruption.

If your complaint is about an ACT police officer, read about the AFP’s Professional Standards.


Centrelink or Medicare fraud

Call the Australian Government Services Fraud Tip-off line 131 524 or report it to Centrelink or Medicare via the Human Services website.


Cybercrime (including online fraud, such as eBay, and internet scams)

Report it to the  Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN)


Immigration, citizenship and customs offenses

Report it to  Australian Border Force


International child abduction

Contact the Attorney-Generals Department on 1800 100 480 or by email at


Offensive content on the internet

Report it to the  Australian Communication and Media Authority



Report it to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission via the SCAMwatch website. 

Note:  Internet scams should be reported to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN)


Spam email

Report it to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN)